TWO FILM RECOMMENDATIONS

 


It's no surprise for a screenwriter author, that my favorite activity when I'm on vacation or on break is either reading or watching a good movie.

For this weekend I chose  two very different films, the first one 
" REMINESCENCE" takes us with the always sublime and impeccable Hugh Jackman takes us on a journey in our memory, with a science fiction film which is as I experienced it, mainly a love story, and a film where the nostalgia of a moment, a recollection is omnipresent. I liked this movie for many reasons - always a pleasure to watch the lastest Hugh Jackman 's flick- but also maybe because I felt very very nostalgic this week, and I also sometimes want to lock myself in a moment forever, not to live the others that will never be as beautiful.
The ending is superb and melancholic.

As for the second one, "STILLWATER" it is  a drama, more than a thriller, the story of a father, MATT DAMON, who tries to pick up the pieces of his life, by getting his estranged daughter  out of jail for a murder she claims she didn't commit. During his journey to Marseille, a city that you know I don't love much, Damon tries to find redemption through his relationship with an actress (Camille Cottin) and his little daughter in need of a father, trying to do with this woman and the child what he didn't do with his real wife, who committed suicide, and his daughter, being present and attentive.
Matt Damon's acting is impeccable, intense, and the film is worth watching just to follow him in his quest.
I attended the filming several months ago, saw Matt Damon during a time that was particularly difficult for me, but I insisted on seeing the final result.


Comments

Popular Posts