THE WIFE


 Superb film. Wonderful acting by Glenn Close.
Written by a woman adapted from a book written by a female.

SPOILERS: 
Thank you for depicting so well, the challenges and difficulties women writers actually face everyday.
 LOVED IT!

Why a writer? I get this question all the time, or "You don't look like a writer?"What does this mean? What does a writer and above all a female writer is actually supposed to look like? Or "You're not only a writer aren't you"?
As if being "only a writer" for a woman isn't sufficient, or time consumming enough.



I can relate so much to Glenn Close's character, a writer needs to write as they need to breath...If you don't need to, then you're not a writer, this is something that goes beyond sex gender, and that has nothing to do with it, it has to do with your soul and that's something those who don't write can't understand. Somehow they envy you so much that they would want to be as ordinary as they are. Many people of a so called family I have had in the past have tried to restrain my creativity, I've always been an artist, always will be, I remember when I first started to pen stories I was feeling almost ashamed to actually be a writer, I tended to avoid the questions regarding my occupation, self-effacing myself...Because those ordinary people had done their best to make me feel guilty and ashamed about it...Some of them even sent me insults through this blog a few years ago...Some of you may remember about this.
The cowards...I have kept these insults and will probably publish them in an upcoming book I have in mind.
We writers use every ordeals, every people around us, every nightmare to create our pieces. That's how we are...Get used to it. If you're looking to be one of the nice characters or elements of our pieces, then try to behave yourself!

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR THIS FILM! A must-watch for all women writers out there.
Leaving you with these great quotes from the film:

There's nothing more dangerous than a writer whose feelings have been hurt.
(Joan Castleman)

Elaine Mozell: The public can't stomach bold prose from a woman.

Sending my congrats to Glenn Close on a much deserved Golden Globe!
Jordan.

Comments

Popular Posts