WOMEN ABUSE...

This week I TURNED DOWN a french movie project promoting and endorsing women abuse and rape.

I CERTAINLY didn't want to promote and ENDORSE this kind of venture and I'm very proud I said "No" to something that had been sold to me on the phone and through a few pages of synopsis sent via email, as a love story and which turned out to be a repugnant series of sequences depicting very young women being raped, abused, (verbally, mentally, physically) tortured by pimps and ending up falling in love with them...Which is NOT my conception of love, and fortunately many of the men I know share my opinion. Some have even been even more shocked than I was.

The most shocking part of it is that this story has been written by a woman, which sadly makes me think this must be the way some Southern France women still envision sex and relationships with men in some of their remote and backward regions...

For those who are wondering how I am after the threats I have received when turning down this project, well, I'm feeling very PROUD OF MYSELF...
I leave with you with a few quotes from talented and inspirational women to ponder on...

Happy week-end to all!
With love, Jordan.





Comments

Popular Posts