FALL WINTER WRITING BREAK..

I've been a prolific screenwriter with a special interest in thriller and fantasy screenplays for the past few years. Most of the influences I grew up to, in terms of films, were coming from the fantasy realm (Tim Burton, Georges Lucas, Dario Argento, Hammer movies...) and helped shape my vision as a writer.



More recently and after focusing on biopics, some very painful personal events propelled me to write more and to go back to my fantasy roots, into a world where everything seems possible. 
I usually write 2 screenplays a year, but with these painful moments, I was longing for more writing and creativity, and not only accepted assignments from producers and actors but also worked on my own spec screenplays, which is, I must confess, what I prefer to do.



My first screenplay written this year was a mafia/crime story quickly followed by two fantasy screenplays, both very different from each other. Two stories I had on my mind for a long time:



The match girl-A dark take on Hans Christian Andersen's" little match girl".

And “The cat” a fantasy story presently kept under wraps…(be patient you'll know more this winter)



Once again, I've enjoyed my journey into this parallel and weird voyage called “writing”.



Now in serious need of a writing pause to recharge my batteries and keep the creative juice flowing, I have decided to take a few months off until the start of 2017 and focus on promoting and developing my projects. However I'll keep considering assignments offers during this break.



All the best,

Jordan.

Comments

Popular Posts