THE OLD MAN SPOILT THE VIEW

I only check out my emails once a week or so at the moment, as I'm working on various projects, including a thriller and a drama/biopic.
You can see my updates on twitter @jtate for those who follow me.

One of my projects is a biopic centering on a French resistant. The biopic will principally take
place in Southern France, Marseilles, a very trendy place for movies as you may know.
It's incredible to write about a hero and finding out how little exist in real life. Not a surprise
to  me, I haven't been wearing pink glasses obviously, but the comparison between someone fighting for justice and for a better world and those closing their eyes to injustice in the same city at two
different times is striking!

A terrible picture was brought to my attention this week: A 70 years old man, who has been living in
his car, a Renault Clio, for 2 years! (an old homeless man you've read correctly) thrown on the
street  by the municipal police who took his vehicle, remember, the car he was living and sleeping
in? Because apparently his presence was disturbing some people and of course, spoiling their
view!
Naturally, instead of trying to help this old and lonely homeless man, the best thing to do was to
get rid of his presence to avoid seeing his misery in a well-to do area of the city!
SHAME ON THEM! SHAME on the AUTORITIES who have allowed this!

LOOK AT THIS PICTURE BELOW, to me this is the illustration of France today.
An old man left on the street with his remaining possessions by the land of the free as winter is
just around the corner.





I tweeted the picture to the mayor of Marseilles, Jean Claude Gaudin and naturally got no answer from him. It's probably too inhibiting for his image and the upcoming elections...Who knows.

Jordan.

Comments

Popular Posts