WHAT DO I WANT TO WRITE IN 2015?

People keep asking me what kind of screenplays I would like to write this year. 
Well, there are many options and  I’m getting several offers at the moment that range from thriller, drama or stories based on actual events.
I’m very interested in working on a gripping thriller, something in the vein of « Prisoners » for instance, a film I loved a few months ago. Good thrillers are becoming a rare sight in the movie industry.
I’m also very open to fairy tales adaptations, as I enjoy immersing myself into childhood memories and play with them, for instance I think it’s interesting to  incorporate a dark take to a legendary story and see what happens.
As usual, I’m also, always interested in inspirational true life stories…

I have devoted my start of 2015 to pitching my existing  screenplays and got a lot of requests. Aspiring screenwriters often ask me my opinion on the « no unsolicited material policy «  of some production companies…Well,  I would say simply  IGNORE IT!
 Generally, this policy just means they are not interested in the subject you’re submitting for their consideration. I had this experience a few weeks ago, pitched two different scripts to the same company, for a script they reply we do not accept etc…You know the song backward, and for the other script they sent me a release form  and asked to submit it.

Don’t give up, and never take « No » for an answer…Everything changes so fast in this industry, and fortunately it keeps evolving everyday.

As for my own projects,  I have 3 different stories to develop including a Fairy tale adaptation, a biopic and a thriller. I will keep all stories under wraps for the moment as it will most likely take several months to pen the scripts due to my busy schedule, as, as I said I’m currently being asked to adapt books, rewrite scripts, and I’m in talks for a major movie project.

More news to come soon, thanks for reading…And for all those who have been following this blog for so  many years, (you know who you are) thank you so much for your faith in me.

Jordan.
www.jordantate.net

Comments

Popular Posts