PSYCHOLOGY AND I... Jordan speaks of writing "Full bloom" and how psychology influenced her work

PSYCHOLOGY AND I... Jordan speaks of writing "Full bloom" and how psychology influenced her work



As far as I remember, when I first started penning screenplays several years ago, I've always been drawn to psychology, therefore, many of my pieces of work feature a primordial psychological element.

For instance, I wrote many thrillers in the past, one of them comes to mind: It was featuring a psychologist with a  split personality and it was one of my very first  screenplays. Just like this script, many of my work attempts to explain why and how a past trauma can affect someone’s psyche.
I've always been interested in how past could influence present and future actions. In this screenplay, my lead had unconsciously become a psychologist to exorcise her own demons and her painful past, notably with abusive parents.

But even when my lead is a hero, I feel that their past, and more importantly their childhood must be a key element of what conducted them  to become that hero and to do what they do. I've always thought that it was very important to speak of the lead character's past to build up the character and make them more appealing,  I trust that audience will more easily relate to them if I do. Everyone has a past and we are all influenced by it somehow.

My latest screenplay FULL BLOOM centers on the bipolar disorder, and is told from
Mark- my lead character's perspective but also from his relatives, his wife, his friends and
psychiatrist's s point of view.  Based upon the poignant book by Mark T. Greene, "Full Bloom" is the deepest psychological exploration I've ever written in years of screenwriting career, a look at a distressed soul, who finally manages to overcome his mental condition with the aid of his family, his music, and his devoted psychiatrist. Along the way, Mark will also find out that helping others who are suffering from similar mental conditions will help  him exorcise and triumph over  his. An exploration of his past and his childhood will also become the key to finding his real "self".
  
"Full bloom" will undoubtedly become a poignant movie that will help those suffering from this condition better understand what they are going through.


I’ve been moved to tears by movies like « one flew over the cuckoo's nest » and « Awakenings » starring Robert DeNiro and Robin Williams, (two masterpieces) and I’ve been greatly influenced by these gems when penning « Full bloom », additionally, as most of you certainly know, I have the deepest interest  in stories based on true events and poignant human accounts, so I’ve immediately accepted to be part of this venture when Mark offered me the chance to.

The screenplay is available upon request through my website www.jordantate.net

For film makers, producers  and actors interested in the project.

Jordan.



Comments

Popular Posts