A STORY HAS ITS OWN LIFE TO LIVE...

When a producer purchases or options your script, he may ask you to rewrite your material to best suit the production or the actor attached to the project. I rarely rewrite my own material, I have the feeling a new writer will have a fresh vision of the story, and I truly don't want to immerse myself
into a story created months ago another time, this tale is out of my life and out of me...It has ceased
to live inside of me. I think a story has its own life to live, and cease to belong to you, as soon as the script has been written.
Jordan Tate.

PS: When you sign the option/purchase contract make sure the latter states the way you'll be credited.
For instance: Screenplay by you and the other writer. Or screenplay by you and adaptation by...
J.

Comments

Popular Posts