Escape from the madhouse

Hi, some of you may wonder what I have been up to lately…Indeed, a few weeks passed since my latest news, but as all of you may know, it’s summer and as most people, I need to recharge my brain, my inspiration and my determination .

And actually, I’ve escaped from the madhouse (sorry the film industry) for a few days!
I’ve been enjoying life during 3 weeks, (no work, no writing) I really needed it, health is important and the film industry (especially its people, not the real artists, but the so-called producers) have really been a source of stress lately.

Actually, the film world has been a great disappointment to me recently, and even if I’m still passionate about screenwriting and good screenplays, I feel this particular period, does not stimulate imagination: Indeed, what do we have in theaters at the moment? Brainless screenplays, remakes, sequels, the same films made over and over again. Except for Christopher Nolan, who seems to be one of the latest talented directors in the film industry, all the current movies, in production, preproduction and the latest screenplays sales are unoriginal stories…And to tell you the truth, I won’t pay a cent to see any of the screenplays recently sold on the screen!

I was really fed up with all of that a few days ago, but with the break, my brain relaxed, and my determination coming back, I realized screenwriting still is my passion, and most of all, WRITING: Every form of writing.
I began taking some notes on a notebook, and I’m planning to turn some of my stories ideas into a short stories collection, I still don’t know whether I will write them in English or French, but being able to use both languages definitely helps me get more assignments,( and helps me switch back to another tongue when I’m feeling sick of one!) One European publisher told me he wants to see my work, another told me I should write a book about Hollywood policies. Actually, I’m considering both suggestions.

Another thing that really depressed me is seeing the amount of talented screenwriters, including some of my friends, that have been discouraged by the uncivilized manners of some producers and their assistants! Talented people being judged by a group of brainless, offensive individuals! So dejected they want to quit the writing that has been their passion for years!

Indeed, one of my friend recently told me of all the phone calls he gave to rude assistants in an attempt to get his screenplays read!!! He’s a financially modest but talented person, and he’s spending all his money to speak to brainless people who treat him like dirt!
Some of them immediately hung up in his face, when hearing the words « I’m a screenwriter », that’s insane! And as I said, I’m so deeply sick of such paranoiac people that I’m planning to devote much time to writing short stories, articles and maybe novels, and to continue to be an activist against this kind of people ruining the film industry!

One professional screenplay analyst recently complimented me on my work, and told me the future of the film world is resting on my shoulders, he also told me I’m able to create memorable stories and characters…
But do I want to work for such people? That is the question! If you were me, would you like to work in an asylum forever? As far as me I’m not sure!

Time will tell!


Jordan.

Comments

Popular Posts