Plot keywords

It‘s not secret now… I’m currently working on a new screenplay.
Two treatments are also in the work at the moment. One is about a thief, and the other is an Hitchcockian Thriller.


The screenplay I’m developing is a science fiction script called « the face »
Some of you may have heard of it earlier.
To do that I have to create a completely brand new « universe », which is very exciting!

I had written a first draft treatment for it 2 years ago, then, left it in a drawer (actually my hard-drive). I had just lost my grandmother at this time, and the treatment was too much influenced by my personal feelings, especially because the screenplay set in a near future, where people acquire physical immortality.
Also, I have been very busy with writing assignments lately.
But with the recent movies I watched, including « The box » and « Donnie Darko », by Richard Kelly, I felt like having a new look at this science fiction treatment, so I decided to start a new draft of this story with new scenes, improved characters and a better plot.

Satisfied with this new draft, I’ve started the screenplay based on it, right after. I’m working on page 30 of the first draft presently, hoping to get a first draft completed by mid May.

I’ve been asked to reveal what the plot is about, but my log line is very original, and it will be a high concept script, so you’ll easily understand that I can’t reveal too much about my plot.
However, for the die hard and curious fans of my work, I can unveil some plot keywords, a method I also use to create my treatments. It’s surprising to see, how a single word can bring other fabulous ideas to your mind!


Here are some of « The face » plot keywords:

Science fiction
Time travel
Near future
assassination
cloning
Twists
secret services
experiment
Physical immortality
Love story


jordantate.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular Posts