JULY NEWS



Wanted to keep you in the loop with what I've been up to.

As you know, I you have read my previous entries, I’m planning to devote much time to market my work in the upcoming months, so at the moment I’m mostly preparing some marketing tools to promote my screenplays.
Did you know that I had written around 10 short screenplays, that I have never promoted? Well, I did not remember of it, myself. I started to take a look at this past work a few days ago, fixed the little issues and start marketing them too. We all know short screenplays are not the right tool to earn money, but they are the right ones to have your name on a screen, in festival and promote yourself.

Much more recently I have turned down several books adaptations proposals over artistic and financial conflicts, one of the possible work for hire was a book adaptation for a novel in the vein of the DaVinci Code but the writer wanted something that was too religion-oriented, and it’s not my cup of tea. Moreover, I prefer to take on innovative projects, and this has been seen numerous times in the past, I don’t think any producer (especially in USA) is going to look at another DaVinci code now!

So, I’ve chosen to work on my own screenplays ideas, at the moment, of course I’m still considering new proposals.
If you are a regular visitor to my website: www.jordantate.net you have certainly read news announcing the completion of an outline for a thriller: I’ve been working on the first rough draft of the script during the past few weeks, and I’m now close to wrapping the screenplay.
Of course, as we all know, rewriting is the key to a great screenplay, so I’ll probably have much more to do in the upcoming weeks.
I’ll start the rewriting process in September with fresh new eyes, that’s when you see all the awkward details, all the useless scenes, the gauche dialogues and plot holes. It very important to take some time off in between the rewrites.

I have also written down several ideas (actually around 20) for some science fiction, adventure and horror screenplays.
Some of course, are already doomed to the trash basket, but some others begin to take shape in my head and will most likely become a screenplay. I read news paper and true life stories almost everyday, a process that became an essential part of my inspiration.

I hope to post some great news on my creations progresses soon.

Thank for following my screenwriter journey!

Jordan.

Comments

Popular Posts