it was beauty killed the beast



Many people asked me to tell them about my fascination for King Kong and the impact he had on my life…So I thought that would be a good idea to blog on this personal experience.
Well, first of all, I deeply believe that everything that marks us during our childhood shapes us and guides us in your future choices, I would say that the day I saw this movie was like an appointment with fate, "a fateful day that changes everything" for me, I would describe it as a door opening on a dream, something I knew almost nothing about at this time: a dream called cinema.
I was 6 years old and the version I first saw was the 1976 one with Jessica Lange, I think the impact/shock is a mixture of elements composing my personality, first of all a great adoration for animals since I was able to open my eyes of child, then, a fascination for far countries and their beliefs, then a passion for glamour ( New York, the heroine is an actress).
I remember seeing those images, especially the ones when Kong arrives in the dark, behind this wall, breaking the trees on his path towards the altar surrounded by torches and saying to myself, this is what I want to do, I want to create images that will mark and fascinate people, and even now, I don’t spend a week without dreaming of this wall on skull island, I think it represents the door on my dreams and projects now…

Then, the last scene at the top of the towers made me cry and I think it was the very first time I was overcome by emotion this way, the very first time I felt involved with a character and that a movie was provoking this kind of emotions in me…And we can’t forget first loves.

I remember thinking, when seeing movies for the first time, that everything happening on the screen was true, I found pretty strange to see people watch other people being shot without reaction, while seeing gangsters movies (lol), and King Kong was certainly the very first time I realized that what I was watching was art, a creation and the door of my imagination opened on this day, as if the movie was the key…I haven’t stopped creating stories since this, first in my head, then on the paper years after.
If you ask me why this movie more than another…I would say I can’t really explain, heart has reasons that mind ignores it’s just a mixture of all those elements that made of this experience an unforgettable meeting. I had other movie behind this vocation of story creator, including James Cameron’s Titanic, since I began writing scripts after seeing his superb film and reading his screenplay, but none, since this very special day of my childhood had the impact that the story created by de Merian C. Cooper and Ernest B. Schoedsack had on me.

Jordan.

Popular Posts