A RARE BREED

 




I just spoke to a great actress regarding a French thriller that I want to see come to life. This actress, whom I have been admiring since childhood, was very kind to me and gave me her availability dates. She is also reading the script. She has worked with the greatest directors (was the muse of one the most talented filmmakers in the world) and seems to be very down to earth, the type of persons I want to work with. She was also very surprised to find out that I am a female screenwriter! She told me"Oh, you are a woman and a very beautiful one!" when she saw the picture on my website. 

It is still so rare to see a film written by a woman that even very experienced  actors like her are still surprised to meet with a female screenwriter as most of them assume the screenwriter is a man.

I hope that things will change a little and I aim at reversing the trend.

J.T 

#womeninfilm #screenwriter ##screenwriting #production #parisfilm #thriller

Comments

Popular Posts