TERRY GILLIAM...QUOTES OF A GENIUS

"The reason why I don't watch as many as I used to is that I'm not surprised any more. I loved movies because they opened up doors into worlds I never imagined. It seldom happens now."
Terry Gilliam
 Comment: Mr. Gilliam, I agree with you so much, I remember watching so many films when I was a child, of course it influenced my decision of becoming a screenwriter and being part of the film industry. Now, it's very rare for me to 
say "I want to see this film". 
Dream has died a long time ago in the film industry. Hope it will reborn soon...


 Hollywood is run by small-minded people who like chopping the legs off creative people. All they want to do is say no.
Terry Gilliam 

The [Hollywood] studio's mentality is that Americans are stupid. They try to lower the standard as much as they can to reach what they think is this great dumb audience. And I have always resisted that and wanted to believe in the audience's intelligence. But if you keep feeding people baby food for long enough they begin to like it.
Terry Gilliam 

Comments

Popular Posts